This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
This Grilled Cuban Sandwich covers all the bases. Even the mustard bites back. Mixed with mayo and smeared all over fresh ciabatta bread, it made for the perfect addition to this on the go nibbler.
There was a calling, a great void to be filled, a dark void that needed to be filled. And that hole was the endless pit of the stomachs that belonged to the guys at the football game. That’s right, this story is really just about food. Tailgating food. First, it has to be good. Then it has to be portable, easy to prepare, eaten with two possibly mitten covered hands, and stacked high with all the right flavor. This Grilled Cuban Sandwich covers all those bases, and is spiked with a little extra zing from El Diablo’s Mango Mustard. It’s the mustard that bites back. Mixed with mayo and smeared all over fresh ciabatta bread, filling in those air pockets with ease, it made for the perfect addition to this on the go nibbler. Forget slices of pizza that leave you craving more.
Get ready to warm up with a Cuban that bites back.
If you’ve tried my Grilled Cuban Sandwich recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Over the top sandwiches and burgers are totally my jive. Check out these creations! You can’t stop at one bite.
- Fried Pork Chop Sandwich with Rosemary Truffle Aioli
- Messy Steak Sandwiches – AKA Steakbomb
- Leftover Smoked Turkey Sandwich
- 2 tbs Mango El Diablo Mustard going for something with a little kick
- 2 tbs mayo
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread sliced in half
- 8 oz roasted pork sliced
- 8 oz ham sliced
- 4 oz salami sliced
- Dill pickle slices
- 4 to 6 oz Swiss cheese sliced
- Preheat your grill to medium.
- Spray a large sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Whisk mustard and mayo in a bowl together. season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mustard mixture over the inside of the ciabatta loaf. Layer the sliced pork, ham, and salami on the bottom of the loaf. Arrange pickles over top and top with cheese. Press the top of the ciabatta loaf on and wrap tightly in prepped aluminum foil.
- Reduce the heat to low on that grill and toss the sandwich on, pressing down on the loaf (use a brick if desired). Cook for about 30 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and meats are heated through.
Why that’s some mighty fine print you got there. The better to give you the nitty gritty with. This is a sponsored post, paid for by El Diablo, however any thoughts or opinions expressed are 100% this girl carnivore’s.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE