You too can have flavor packed chicken quesadillas with perfect grill marks without spending a dime at the local chain restaurants. Oh, and these taste better.
Take all those ‘yo’ mamma jokes’ and put the word lazy in there instead of mom and you pretty much have me summed up right now. I’ve been so lazy, coming home and whipping up a grilled cheese sounds like work. There’s been a lot of cash wasted at take outs and crappy bars lately. Too much. And who leaves on of those dives satisfied and happy that they wasted an hour while the waitress made sure to bend over no less than 10 times in case the tip wasn’t going to be big enough? Generally, not me (unless one to many rail drinks have been consumed). Carbs slathered in cheese with a bacon ranch sauce. Well hell. I can make that at home! And now that the bank is declining my card… I just have to.
Until the next pay day – Grill that.
If you’ve tried my Grilled Chicken Quesadillas recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken try using leftover smoked chicken
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 tsp Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 red pepper diced
- 1/4 green pepper diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/3 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 scallions sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or pepper jack if you're feeling feisty
- Guacamole Salsa, Sour Cream for dipping
- Preheat grill to high. Clean grate.
- Meanwhile, arrange all chicken (sprinkled with seasoning), peppers, onions, black beans, scallions and cheese evenly over 4 tortillas.
- Top with another tortilla and press to even things out and make sure the centers aren't bulging.
- Back at the grill, reduce heat to medium and carefully place quesadillas on grill.
- Press like you are making a panini. Grill 3 to 4 minutes
- Flip and continue to grill until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
- Remove from grill, and on a cutting board, slice into even portions with a pizza cutter.
- Serve with fixins.