Ham, Mac and Cheese Tacos. Nothing is as awesome as leftovers after a big family holiday. I am always down for a night of minimal cooking and clean up. Who isn’t?
These tacos were inspired by my local watering hole. It has crazy and outrageous tacos every Tuesday night. Apparently, some people believe that tacos should be beef and cheese all the time, but I am always up for trying something new. And I agree with the chefs who make up the crazy fixings every week, that just about anything goes great in a tortilla. Those who aren’t brave enough to taste test something a little out of the ordinary are just missing out. On what? Totally awesome tacos.
Like Ham, Mac and Cheese Tacos!
With my giant swag bag of Easter leftovers in hand, these tacos were born.
If you’ve tried my Ham, Mac and Cheese Tacos recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 lbs cooked ham diced into bite sized cubes, reheated
- 2 cups leftover macaroni and cheese reheated
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or cheese that compliments your leftovers
- 2 scallions diced
- 6 flour tortillas heated
Make the cheese sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and cook 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk.
- Add the cheese and mix until melted.
Make the tacos:
- Arrange a layer of macaroni and cheese in the center of each taco.
- Slather with cheese sauce and top with ham and scallions.
- Repeat for each tacos.
Need more crazy tacos? Try these out. They are magic in a tortilla.