This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Down and dirty finger food needs to happen every now and then and Chorizo Nachos are perfect.
Nachos should be down and dirty finger licking kind of food. The kind of meal where you stare down your fridge, and it cocks an eyebrow back at you daring you to mix and match some flavors with melted cheese and chips.
It just so happened I had some chorizo inching ever so close to it’s best used by deadline and a hankering for finger food. Add in some mushrooms, beans, and veggies and we were on our way. Slather that all in cheese and pop it in the broiler for a pub style dinner for pennies at home.
We even had beer to go with it.
- 1 10 oz pork chorizo found in the refrigerated Mexican section of the market
- 1/2 onion diced, plus a few slices for topping
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- Tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese cheddar, pepper jack, or your favorites
- scallions jalapenos, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and any other toppings you may want
- In a large oven safe skillet over medium heat, cook the chorizo until almost done. Add the onions and peppers and cook 3 minutes longer. Add the mushrooms and cook 2 more minutes. You should have cooked chorizo, and soft veg. Stir in the beans. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the broiler. Carefully, spoon the chorizo mixture into a bowl.
- Place a layer of tortilla chips in the now empty skillet. Top with a layer of the chorizo mixture and cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortilla chips and chorizo mixture. Top with sliced onions and more cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese has just melted. Serve with desired toppings, plates that are too tiny, and a wad of paper towels.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE