Ground beef. It’s like the be all end all American staple. Between “Helpers”, skillet meals, sauce packets, and kits, there’s not much mom can’t make on the quick with a pound or so to feed a hungry family. Well, throw it all away. Because this recipe comes together (almost) as quickly and knocks those grocery market boxes off the shelves. This is a weeknight burger the way things are meant to be.
There’s even magic bacon hidden inside of the patty.
This was a burger that became a patty melt that is amazing no matter what roll you put it on. Between the bacon loaded patty and the sauce, this may be heaven.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- handful snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teas salt
- 1/2 teas black pepper
- Monterey Jack cheese with pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- bread or rolls, split and toasted
- avocados, sliced
- tomatoes sliced
- shredded lettuce
- cilantro, pickled jalapeno, hot sauce as toppings
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, ketchup, and paprika. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Cook the bacon, onion, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Set aside to cool (reserve the bacon fat). When cooled, combine ground beef, bacon, drippings, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Form into 1/4" thick patties, cover, and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Cook patties 5 to 7 minutes, flipping once. Lay sliced cheese over patty when almost done and cover to steam and melt.
- Serve on toasted bread with mayo-ketchup sauce, avocado, lettuce, tomato and other desired toppings.
BHG Special Interest Mexican