I entertain all of the time. And really, I’m kind of good at it. But, wanna know my secret? I am the queen of prep. Anything and everything that can be done the day before is. Sure, homemade hostess with the mostess is a rock star the day of, but I am not a fan of getting up too early. And prepping veggies, browning meat, and staging the slow cookers for the day of are all little tricks I have learned along the way. 40 people over on a Friday night after work? I’ve got that. Super Bowl party for the whole block, why the hell not. This Slow Cooker Pizza Supreme Dip is another you can have set and ready to toss into the slow cooker a day before. Bam, they think you are a goddess of the culinary arts.
Go on, let loose your inner goddess.
- 8 oz hot sausage, removed from casing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 15oz can pizza sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni, sliced thin and roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese ( I used Cabot Cheese's Tomato Basil for a little extra kick )
- 2 pre-made pizza crust ( such as Boboli )
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground sausage until brown. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat and drain fat if needed.
- Stir in the onion, pepper, pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mushrooms. Spoon into a slow cooker and top with cheese. Cook on low heat for 4 hours, until heated through and bubbly. Serve with Pizza Chips.
- Serve to dip.
BHG Special Interest Magazine 2011, Creative Slow Cooker