There’s a time and place for all things. For sweet syrup and pastries, for big bowls of whole grain oats, for hearty oatmeal and for perfectly savory baked eggs. With a layer of refried beans, fresh salsa and a few cracked eggs, this hearty wake up call is perfect for those mornings when honey nuts just aren’t going to make it. With all the staying power of protein packed eggs and a personalized kick of spice, this is where it’s at for those of us who rise on the meatier side.
Wake up to a little spice.
- 1 14oz can refried beans
- 1 cup fresh hot saslsa
- 3 - 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a baking dish or if using a cast iron skillet ignore this step.
- Spoon the beans evenly over the bottom of the pan. Arrange the salsa on top, pressing with the back of your spoon to make small divots for the eggs to sit.
- Crack the eggs over the salsa and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 13 - 15 minutes, until the eggs are set and cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper and serve.