Just because I’m all about the savory meat packed recipes and a hot dog every now and then, doesn’t mean I don’t have a spot in my heart full of warm and fuzzies that wants a pancake every now and again. Those moments are few and far between, but they do happen. And when they happen, I stuff them full of bacon and serve bacon on the side.
Because that’s how Girl Carnivore rolls.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs packed brown sugar
- 1 teas baking soda
- 2 tbs real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled into tiny bite sized pieces
- butter, for melting and serving
- warm syrup for serving
- Pre-heat your griddle or skillet to medium high heat. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour, brown sugar, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Add the syrup, sour cream milk and eggs and mix until just combined. No need to over mix. Fold in the bacon pieces.
- Melt some butter on your pre-heated cook surface and swirl about. Drop 1/4 cup size dollops of batter on the the surface and allow to cook until bubbles form around the edges. Check the bottoms and flip to cook through, 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Keep warm on a platter, covered in aluminum foil, in the preheated oven while you finish up the batter in batches.
- Serve with butter, syrup, and extra bacon. Dang right.