Nothing is as awesome as leftovers after a big family holiday. I am always down for a night of minimal cooking and clean up. Who isn’t?
These tacos are were inspired by my local watering hole, which has crazy and outrageous tacos every Tuesday night. Apparently some people believe that tacos should be beef and cheese all the time, but I am always up for trying something new and I agree with the chefs who make up the crazy fixings every week, that just about anything goes great in a tortilla. Those who aren’t brave enough to taste test something a little out of the ordinary are just missing out.
- 1 lbs cooked ham, diced into bite sized cubes, reheated
- 2 cups leftover macaroni and cheese, reheated
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (or cheese that compliments your leftovers)
- 2 scallions, diced
- 6 flour tortillas, heated
- Make the cheese sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk. Add the cheese and mix until melted.
- Make the tacos: Arrange a layer of macaroni and cheese in the center of each taco. Slather with cheese sauce and top with ham and scallions. Repeat for each tacos.