Every now and then I open the fridge to find a pile of leftovers staring me down and a lack of creativity sparking any amazing ideas. And then I remember, it’s the good recipes with messy melty cheesy and hot sauce that really really make a good night. Those nights when plates and forks be damned, just put a trivet on the communal table and dig in. No double dipping in the salsa though.
No one likes a double dipper.
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 14oz can refried beans
- tortilla chips
- jalapeno peppers, scallions, sour cream, salsa and any other toppings you want
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large oven proof skillet, heat the chicken with the garlic and enchilada sauce. Remove the skillet from the heat and spoon the chicken mixture into a bowl and keep warm.
- Spoon the refried beans into the skillet. Arrange layers of chips, chicken mixture, and cheese in a pile over top.
- Place in the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and the beans are heated through. Switch to broil if you want the cheese a little brown and bubbly.
- Serve with desired toppings and additional dippers.