Breakfast is my slacker meal. I would rather annoy everyone near me with uncomfortable tummy grumbles all day long to save up for one indulgent meaty meal than waste my time with cardboard and milk. I’m busy. I’m late. I never eat breakfast. But when I do, I skip the Lucky Charms and go all in for something like this. A piled high concoction of leftovers in the fridge mingling together in this breakfast of champions. Or at least, champion eaters.
Silly rabbit, Tricks are for kids. This quesadilla is all for me.
No one ever said breakfast had to be boring or filled with sugary sweet cereal. Show them how to start the day right with this finger licking BBQ Pork Breakfast Quesadilla recipe.
- 2 tbs butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs milk
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded ( though, tbh, I think I just used a slice of American)
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked bbq pork, shredded (reheated)
- 1/2 avocado, mashed with a fork
- 4 tortillas
- salsa, hot sauce and other desired fixings
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium - medium-high heat. Melt 1 tbs butter in the skillet and swirl to coat the pan. Pour in the whisked eggs and cook, scrambling, until almost set. Sprinkle the cheese in and cover the pan for 30 seconds to let eggs set and cheese melt. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Wipe out skillet. (Have everything ready in an assembly line to fix the quesadillas and pop in the skillet.) Melt the butter in the skillet. Place 2 of the tortilla shells on a flat work surface and divide the evenly eggs over each. Top with the pork and mashed avocado. Top with the remaining shell. Place in the skillet and press to get golden and crispy. Flip and repeat, 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortilla (you could also use a panini press or flat griddle if you have one).
- Serve with salsa and other desired fixings for a meaty manly breakfast to fuel your day.