Anyone else out there pining for the great thaw so that we can get back to our porches and a little slow and low over the smoker? Here’s where die hard grill fanatics are rolling their eyes and proclaiming their supremacy. That’s fine. I am all about the grill all winter long too. It’s just been damned cold. And last I checked, I had the technology to cook indoors, so I might as well make use of it before the icicles thaw from my smoker and the great out doors is calling my name.
Here’s one for the weeknights.
- 2 to 4 tilapia fillets, healthy cuts at least 1/2" thick at the center (if you get thinner, reduce the cook time as needed)
- 1 tbs chipotle mayo
- 3/4 - 1 cup chipotle panko breadcrumbs (sub regular if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray an oven safe skillet or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rinse the tilapia fillets and pat them dry.
- Arrange fillets in the skillet and spread a thin layer of chipotle mayo over each. Press the panko over each making sure it stays in a nice layer.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, checking doneness with a fork.